Walter Arnoldi was one of the internists expelled from the Berlin II Medical Clinic of the Charité.1He became an assistant there soon after having been issued his license to practice medicine in 1907. He first worked under Friedrich Kraus and under Gustav von Bergmann from 1927. He habilitated in 1923 and was appointed nontenured associate professor four years later,2 lecturing mainly on metabolic diseases.3
Arnoldi lost his position as chief physician, after the Nazis had come to power. His teaching position was withdrawn in 1935, because of the "Reichsbürgergesetz" (Reich Citizenship Law).4 He remained in Berlin until February 1938, when he fled to Copenhagen.5 From there he went to Sweden in 1943, where he also resumed clinical-scientific activities. He found employment at Länssjukhuset Ryhov, Jönköping's largest hospital.6 After retiring, he returned to Denmark, where he died at the age of 78.